Wednesday, October 8, 2008

ON THE ROAD AGAIN...
Well, I'm on the road again. I'm driving up to Tiller, Oregon tomorrow. Leaving at about 4:30 - 5:00am. Gonna try and get in the 16 hour driving without a night at a hotel. Hmm...I see lots of coffee in my future! But...before I go, I wanna put up some photos of my Joshua Tree weekend.

So, scroll down!!Sonya drove.I think my brother slept most of the way. ;-)And I relaxed.Our gear.
Yup! We're out in the desert baby!
Morning coffee and a morning pottie break on the way to Joshua Tree. It was REALLY windy here and we were a little bit worried for our weekend...But...let's be optimistic now!
But whoooweee...it was WINDY!
I'm going to embrace the wind. The wind is my friend. (yeah, we would soon become enemies later when it was time to start the fire!)Yahooooo! It's the weekend!
But, once we arrived here at the visitors center/register place, the wind was gone and we were happy to be in cactus land!
We're registered and now we're off to find a campsite!
JOSHUA TREES!
Underneath these rocks would be our campsite WITH built-in entertainment!
Making camp. (my brother Rich, and his girlfriend Sonya)
BONUS! We're close to the bathroom. (and no, you couldn't smell it at all.)
Sonya says, "Wait...something doesn't look right."
"There's something wrong with this overtarp. It's all jacked up."
Eventually, we got it all set up...TA DA!
"Hi! Welcome to our campsite at Ryan Mtn. Can I get you a beer?"
Sweet rock climbing to watch. I didn't do any of this stuff...just your basic hiking and bouldering.
These guys had the full set up though. The leader is trying to teach the kid the knots necessary...the kid wasn't paying too good attention!
That wouldn't fly in my classroom! he he ( I think I was trying to look bad-ass in this photo...like a chola). {I swear I'm Latina}
Rich and Sonya checking out some foliage on our hike on Boy Scout Trail.
Don't these rocks look like praying hands? Lots of praying hands, or some freaky alien men you'd see in star wars over there on the right.
I'll let you use your imagination on this one.
Maybe I'll just take some of these boulders home. :-)
Skull Rock. Cool, huh?
Now, I know it looks like I'm just hanging out here and there's no issues...BUT, it was windy (again) and it was more steep than it looks. But, I like the photo.
This one's really fun. Can you see me? It's like "Where's Waldo?".
Tons of beauty to behold in Joshua Tree National Park. Thanks Sonya for all your organization, prepping and planning. Thanks baby bro for the firewood and beer (oh, wait a minute, I bought the beer). :-) Thank you both for your company. Good times, good times.
My brother's got lots more photos, but the disc he burned me only had one image on it. Doh! So, I'll post more once I get those from him. Ciao!

No comments: