Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
The one and essentially only road in Puerto Viejo.Loads of places to stay, eat and hang out!My hostel in Puerto Viejo, Rockin' J's. (I don't recommend it. The rasta/bohemian/loser Americans/making jewelery/playing guitar to pass their days were unfortunately living in the tent next to mine. They often used profanity with their 4 year old. The second morning I was also awoken to a trembling floor resulting from them having sex at 6:30 in the morning. YUCKKKK!!!)A little too bohemian for my taste. But I guess you can't be picky when you're paying $6 a night.The large lockers in which to store your pack.The 'hammock hotel'.The beaches were okay...Complete with the surprise of a huge hog.Who wanted to cool off.Beautiful Puerto Viejo beach. The town is a little gritty, but if you're looking for rasta/free love/laid back then this is the place for you. I am ready to head to Panama!

No comments: