Friday, June 13, 2008

PUERTO ESCONDIDO, ACAPULCO AND PIE DE LA CUESTAFishing in the sea at Playa Municipal in Puerto Escondido.
Get away from the big cities of Mexico and it's easy to S-L-O-W WAY DOWN! :-)
See...it's easy. Just relax!
Dogs all over the place in Puerto. Too many dogs, not enough memory card space.
This is a great little swim/surf spot we walked to the next morning as we were getting the hell out of Pyscho-Steves Hostel, Tower Bridges. NEVER GO THERE! The place is great, he's just bizarrooooo!!! We moved to Hotel Ines and we were MUCH happier. And we had a pool + wi-fi!!! Dreams do come true!
This is the saddest crab in the world! Look...those 4 little limbs are all he's got and only his left pincher (the one he's waving violently) works! Even his eyes looked sad. Boo Hoo!
Here we are in our LOVELY hotel, Hotel Ines.
My shrimp tostadas in the market. ($4.00 US.) What a steal!
Yummy!
Meet Katrijn, my new friend from Belgium. Here she's eating a flying ant, minus the wings. These suckers are huge (as far as ants go). They were lying dead all over the beach when I got into Acapulco. What did I find the locals there doing? Yup! Collecting them!!!!
Here's some very sweet kids we found in the market in Puerto Escondido.
This is the market in Puerto Escondido. Full of food stalls, artesian craftwork, produce, meat, clothing, flowers, you name it...it's there.
Our little Bungalow at Hotel Ines in Puerto Escondido. Roughly $13/person.
The girls of Puerto... Me, Katrijn, and Zoe (from England)
This little guy decided he wanted a swim. Iguana that jumped or fell rather into the swimming pool. This guy was the only one in there with him...so he helped him out. It was pretty funny!
PIE DE LA CUESTA- 10 km north of Acapulco, but it feels like a world away!!!
Here's my splurge of a room. 250 pesos. $25/night. Normally, I'm used to paying $10/night. But this place is FABULOUS!!! And soooo quiet! I'm already thinking of a trip back here for Spring Break '09. Anyone else wanna come?
Here's my outdoor hangout right outside my room.
Here's the view of the pool from my deck.

Another view of my deck.

No comments: