Saturday, March 1, 2008

Beautiful Villa de Leyva (photo below is on the road to Villa de Leyva)Old colonial town north of Bogota. I went just for the night...but had a great time. Tiny little town, but very friendly people. I enjoyed a beer with Mauricio, a local (sorry, neglected to get a photo), but we chatted about life and living in Colombia...he says he doesn't work too hard. He tries to live una vida tranquilla. After the first beer, he asked if I wanted another; I ordered a coffee instead, which he payed for as he said he invited me to the coffee (or originally the beer) (loses a little in translation-easier to understand in Spanish). The generosity of the people I meet continues to impress. (I never did tell you the story of the lady that payed for my toilet paper in a Medellin bathroom, huh?) Villa de Leyva... Just a completely different world from Bogota only 4 hours away.


Villa has apparently one of the largest squares in South America.
Square in Villa de Leyva just before the storm.

No comments: