Thursday, April 17, 2008

Buenos Aires-Day 5...Puerto Madero + La Boca
Looking across San Telmo area to Puerto Madero.
In a park in Puerto Madero...sorta a cross between tennis and ping pong...tennis court with larger, wooden rackets similar to ping pong rackets. Makes a great sound.
Awww.....
This can't be classified as graffitti, can it?
More wall art
Getting out of San Telmo neightborhood and on into Boca...gets a little bit more gritty. Sorta reminded me of Cuba....wait, did I say Cuba?! I'm not allowed to go to Cuba...uh...it reminded me of Guatemala...yeah, that's it.
La Boca neighborhood.
La Boca tienda.
La Boca
This part of the neighborhood is very colorful and good for photos, but very touristy.
This is more like it. Real life going on in La Boca.
Just chillin'.
Soccer in the streets of La Boca.
Found this cool 'mosaic' if you will on the curb in front of a funky store in La Boca.
Can you spot Bart Simpson? I've seen the simpsons everywhere here. Odd.
Guarding the stadium in La Boca.
Cultural center in San Telmo on my way back to the hostel. Popped inside for a second and a tango lesson was going on.
Which reminds me...Unfortunately, I don't have any photos, as I didn't take my camera, however, I went out last night with a friend of a friend's friend, Ryan, who is living here in BA. We went to this incredible tango dance hall with a 10 piece tango band...really tough to decide what to watch. All the dancers were incredible, terrific fashions, GREAT SHOES! But the band was equally impressive...then the hot male singer came out with the deep sultry voice...Really...it was a tough choice. :-)
Soccer under a highway in Buenos Aires.

No comments: