Sunday, April 13, 2008

BUENOS AIRES, SAN TELMO ANTIQUE FAIR - Day 1This was early on, around 11am. It got way more packed as the day progressed.
Apparently, this fair dates back to 1970, and it's grown out of the small Dorrego plaza onto side streets with all sorts of things for sale other than antiquities.
But, now I know why I can never find a decent chandelier in San Diego...they're all here in San Telmo!!!! The numbers and quality of gorgeous chandeliers is astounding! This photo is actually pretty average from all the others I saw.
Buenos Aires is the capital of Tango and it was everywhere in the streets of the fair. I think I stumbled onto about 7 different performances myself. Sorry, Argentina, I like salsa better.
Some street performers were a bit bizarre, although this isn't the first place I've seen hugs being given for free. It think the first time might have been in Guatemala actually. Hmmm...
Some people were actually taking them up on the offer!
There were mimics...
Puppeteers...
Loads of musicians...mostly good ones...this one was also good-looking...
Strange lamp post performers....
Statuesque-type performers...this woman had the most beautiful skin!!...
And then of course, there were the dogs. This one found his way into a warm shop and wouldn't even come out for food. It was cold, windy and rainy. Pobrecito!
These dogs were just chillin' in the park.
GORGEOUS trees in the park. Which park...I don't know, I was just wandering. It's at the end of the Florida pasaje.
BA architecture. I'm sure there will be more boring photos like this to come. Loads of cool stuff here.

No comments: