Tuesday, April 8, 2008


It was MUCH easier leaving Bolivia than it was getting in...Really didn't do much in Chile...tried Sandboarding in San Pedro de Atacama...not as much fun as you'd think...it was pretty tough to get any speed up to do any real turning...but I'm glad I tried it.
What a sad Immigration office!
Calama was my only other Chilean town and there was nothing to do there, but shop for junk. At least they like Guayasamin (Ecuadorian artist I posted about earlier)
Need a little boost in the back? You can buy it in Calama...no incisions required!
Church roof in San Pedro de Atacama
Same church.
Some of the dogs I see are just so sad...this one reminded me of an old man. It breaks your heart all these dogs out there fending for themselves.


This was no first class sandboarding experience either. After each run we had to hike back up...no dune buggy lifts for us.

It looks like I enjoyed it...hmm...not so much. It was also really windy and you know what you get when you mix sand, wind and contact lenses, right? Yea, not good.

Leaving Chile and on the road for Argentina!

No comments: